Sunday, May 29, 2011

2011.5.29 - Garden work

 These clematis were purple last year, what happened to them?
 Found a few mushrooms on my lawn, looks edible. Who knows them?



 My little shed is still standing upright.
 Removed all the rocks from the pile, so chipmunks will no longer keep here as their refuge. Note in the center front of picture is the nesting material for the chipmunks. As you can see, this place was a backyard pond. But I filled it up with soil, so I can plant some wild flower and wild edible/medicinal plant. I have a cluster of beautiful wild chives now, want some wild onion but couldn't find any nearby. BTW, anyone hike the BT near Decew falls you may pick up some wild garlic for me. :)
Lovely wood wood-sorrel. Although they are annoying weeds on your lawn, it can make delightful salads or a vitamin rich lemony tea.

No comments: